Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last time i was boosted my turbo started smoking after like 600 miles and eventually went out. im wondering if i had to much oil pressure goin to it sometimes i had like 70 psi goin to it. my question is how much oil psi do i need going to the snail.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
my greddy should have one correct?. if not you say the specs for psi on the oil should be 10-15?
is there a sized designation, like the measurements equal a certain amount of pressure or,... ya know what im sayin?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running the oil feed from the oil pressure switch on the back of the block and I'm not having any problems with my GReddy 15g other than the oil light flickering after startup...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I think the greddy kits oil line is small enough that you don't have to run a restrictor. I'm putting in an apex'i kit and from my research I wouldn't need one either cause of the sizing of the oil line.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well if you have a pre-made kit i would not use one unless they tell you to if you have a problem..

most of the people who use/need restrictors are people who make our own kits. still some may or may not need them, depends on a few things.

·
Registered
58 Posts
this is some info i got of the net

Garrett has recommended oil pressure specified for the oil inlet of the GT CHRA. The idle oil pressure at the turbo should be 9psi, and oil pressure at 5000rpm should be 30psi. The .8mm restrictor will reduce an engine with 25psi oil pressure at idle, 75psi oil pressure at 5000rpm to these Garrett recommended pressures.

A Garrett GT ball bearing center section only needs 20-30 psi to lubricate effectively.

The thrust bearing in a T3 center section only needs 10-15psi to lubricate effectively.
hope this helps. :)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
zc1.8crx said:
this is some info i got of the net

Garrett has recommended oil pressure specified for the oil inlet of the GT CHRA. The idle oil pressure at the turbo should be 9psi, and oil pressure at 5000rpm should be 30psi. The .8mm restrictor will reduce an engine with 25psi oil pressure at idle, 75psi oil pressure at 5000rpm to these Garrett recommended pressures.

A Garrett GT ball bearing center section only needs 20-30 psi to lubricate effectively.

The thrust bearing in a T3 center section only needs 10-15psi to lubricate effectively.
hope this helps. :)
good info :TU:

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
my T3 has been happy since it left the Nissan factory in the mid 90s.

I use the oil port underneath the VTEC solenoid on my car to supply the turbo with oil.

I believe the P08 heads all have a provison for it:TU:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NastyHabitzCRX said:
my T3 has been happy since it left the Nissan factory in the mid 90s.

I use the oil port underneath the VTEC solenoid on my car to supply the turbo with oil.

I believe the P08 heads all have a provison for it:TU:
What head are you runnin'?

·
Registered
613 Posts
where can you buy restrictors?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts