Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.
Just wondering if there are other sizes of oil restrictor's for gt series ball bearing turbos. I am currently running a .035" restrictor...ive looked for a bigger restrictor but havent had any luck. Only reason i ask is because i think my turbo is geting too much oil pressure and thats what casued my turbo to start smoking.
Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I found this on the site where i got my turbo so looks like your size is right. What is your pressure like. And are you still using the internal wastegate. I had a hell of a time trying to get my drain to point down.

-3 Oil inlet fitting for GT Ball Bearing turbos. For GT28/GT28RS/GT30/GT35R with built-in oil restrictor (0.035 hole size). Custom machined part. Output is -3 AN male flare. Use with any of our -3 oil feed line assemblies

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My oil pressure seems high. Its about 80psi cold at idle...and when its warm at idle...its about 20psi. But its when im driving/cruising...it doesnt seem to matter what rpm range...the oil pressure is like 70psi. And thats when its warm cruising on the highway at like 2500-2700rpm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So why are you looking for bigger restrictor? .035" is fine and I am running it for 3 years.
I mean I think I need a smaller restricter (smaller opening) because I think my oil pressure is tool high and that's why oil is being pushed by the turbo seals.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Not to tread jack but does this also apply to the Nissan t28 that's bb?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya my line and block fitting is from stealth mode performance too. I just don't know what is causing my turbo to smoke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts