Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Now I don't know for sure but I say yes unless the turbo has some sort of built in restrictor.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
if theres no built in restrictor, it would be a good idea.....just for added insurance. The t25 is just like any other turbo and it wont like the high pressure (60 psi) of the stock honda oiling system.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
^Thats true, your stock pressure should be around 70psi over 3k rpm.
I use WOT because at WOT you are usually above (or will be getting there soon) 3k RPM. At WOT your pressure should go to 70-80 and for the most part stay there. WOT=RPMs is what I'm saying in the scenario. I am not saying it's based off actual throttle position.

·
Premium Member
4G93 Turbo
133 Posts

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
Steathmode has one that works with their kits. Its like 12 bucks. Pick that up and get a pressure gauge. Adjust the restrictor so that the pressure gauge shows 19-20 psi at idle and 32psi max and you should be set.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
woooh! i was about to ask this question myself. :TU:

·
Premium Member
4G93 Turbo
133 Posts
Thanks man your my hero.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
so how do you know how much oil pressure is actually getting to the turbo after the restricter? and how much minimum oil pressure is need for a turbo's CHRA to be properly lubricrated?

/threadjack

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
Yep, like eriffith45 said, hook up a pressure gauge after the restrictor to see what kind of pressure youre getting with the restrictor wide open. At idle, the minimum pressure the turbo should see is 19-20psi and under any other circumstances it shouldnt ever see any higher than 32psi. Those numbers are pretty standard from what I know. It does, however, depend on what type of bearings the turbo uses. Different types require different amounts of oil pressure to operate in the optimum functionality range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts