Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys it seems the guy who owned my honda before me tried to do a timing belt and uber failed. he didnt put the guides back in for the timing belt and the belt walked screwing up the oil pump and my covers. so now im faced with the decision for an oem pump or a toga for my b7. which do you guys think? it will be boosted on a nissan t3/t4 .60/.63. hopefully 7-10 psi to start but moving on up. so please give me some ideas guys. new from advanced the pump is 137 new toga is 187.44 shipped.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
OEM, fuck a toga...unless it's on a thick ass white girl with some huge tatas.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Im going for the toga, I'm gonna need the extra oil at the rpm I'll be spinning.

Ninja edit: Whats wrong with the toga? I havent ordered it yet so you got some time to sway me. lol

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
i heard they are fine on honda. only bad things i hear is there not good on DSM's. (i think its DSM) idk

·
Registered
595 Posts
I was gonna say I've not read anything on here or the other boards about Toga pumps failing.
Infact,alot of people recommend them for the Y8's

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Thats great info and insight on what to do. But, I would worry too much if I drilled the oil holes on the crank(burrs and what not). Wheres the sticky on modifying the stock pump?

*Great ninja edit!

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Thats great info and insight on what to do. But, I would worry too much if I drilled the oil holes on the crank(burrs and what not). Wheres the sticky on modifying the stock pump?

*Great ninja edit!
I think they have that on endynes site also and I didnt even find the thread I was initially talking about got tired of trying to search but found some other relevant info lemme see if I can find something for ya.

Here ya go
http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36600&hilit=oil+pump+shimming

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Sweet, thanks alot. :TU: I dont think im gonna port it, but shimming will be the key for me.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
There's always someone

Only reason I say OE I have seen somewhere a few people have had issues with em failing on them
There's always some guy somewhere on some forum who claims there's an issue with every part.

Don't base your decisions on a one line post from annonymous poster like "I R n00b" on the innernet that says "There was this guy, like who put a Toga pump in his car and it blew up."

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
There's always some guy somewhere on some forum who claims there's an issue with every part.

Don't base your decisions on a one line post from annonymous poster like "I R n00b" on the innernet that says "There was this guy, like who put a Toga pump in his car and it blew up."
No it wasnt like that it was his post stated that he installed it and it messed up then another person came in there and was like well shit it has happened to me also. So me personally I would stick OE port n shim but to each there own.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts