Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering would it be worth putting i high flow rate oil pump on a turbo engine or would it be ok just fitting a new oem one?

·
Registered
5 Speed
126 Posts
So a stock oil pump will do for turbo applications then?
I keep reading and I get a different answer in each thread, some people say to get a toga high Flow pump and other say don't get one cuz you will need a flow restricter? what's the final answer on this?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Don't think there is a definitive answer...But I've decided to use a Toga HV pump on my upcoming build.But that was mainly to keep the pressure up as I'll be fitting an oil cooler kit too.
Edit - and it was actually cheaper for my to import a Toga pump than buy an OEM pump.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Take a look at a few of the folks on this site that are running stock motors that are turbo'ed (is that a word?). I've seen a few that have years on stock motor turbo set ups. With all things build related, if its apart, you might as well replace it. Anything concerning what to replace it with is a hybrid opinion because some people run oem for 10's of thousands of miles without issues and some run aftermarket for the same amount of time. Its all in the builder...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
if you would read the thread OP. wtf engine is it. THAT will tell you if you need one or not. smmfDRUNKh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts