Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be rebuilding a ZC for my race car. It is a race only car and never sees streets. I had planned on purchasing a new DOHC ZC oil pump but have e-mailed the company here (Superseded oil pump..? - TheZCR.com Forums) doesn't have any stock and may not for another 3-4 months.

I can't wait that long to have my motor built especially since they aren't 100% sure if they'll be able to get any in.

I am left with either using an old ZC pump or a new ported A6/Z6 pump. Since my motor will be used for racing and RPM's between 5000-8200 I'd like to know if you think a modded A6/Z6 pump will flow enough oil to keep my motor well oiled?

I'd like to use a new pump and was leaning towards a KMS ported/high flow pump.

Opinions??

·
Registered
253 Posts
Honestly, a used ZC oil pump will most likely be fine and probably flow better than a brand new z6 pump. I would just measure all your clearances per the Honda repair manual instructions, and if everything checks out okay, then port the pump and be done with it.

On the other hand, a z6 pump should work fine too, many of the high-hp ZC guys use the ported z6 pump with no issues.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. Matt(Acid Beaver) also stated same as you. I'm probably going to grab a new pump just because and go from there! thanks for help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts