Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a new oil pump for my ZC block i was building

what do you all recommend and where to buy?

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
y8 pump has a dipstick hole in it otherwise its the same.Did you check yours with a feeler guage?215,000 mile pumps have been used on 400hp builds.just port it.

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't know about the old one, i bought the block as a rebuild, so thats what i'm doing, its sent off and getting bored to 76mm n ect. so thats one thing that didnt come in the kit i noticed so i was just wondering what you all do. i know about the y8

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
well I wonder how the ebay ones are.I bought one last year but ended up just using my oem one.Just ported it.I am going to port the ebay one but havn't tore it apart yet to check the quality of the manufactoring inside of it where the proppeller gear is.That is the make it or break it of the pump.Pluss the pressure releif needs to be checked over too.I wonder if any one has torn one apart.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Get an OEM replacement for a D16A6 (88-91 Civic Si/CRX Si). It shouldn't be any different from all the other (non-Y8) oil pumps but that's essentially what a ZC is (ZC=A6).

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
Dont shim it.Too much oil pressure on a n/a engine isn't bennifitial.10psi per 1k rpm is all you need.Flow is what you bennifit from.
If going turbo you can bennefit from more psi.
And you have to do more than just check for schoring.
You must check rotor to housing clearnace,rotor to cover clearance,and rotor to rotor clearance.A hanes or helms manual has the tollerances and you check them with a feeler guage.Then you follow the pnp in the diy section.Port it and have more flow...yo.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The only way to get an OE DOHC D oil pump is to order one from Japan or import one from the UK. It's not cheap.

The other option I would suggest is the Z6 pump. It flows almost as much as the DOHC pump.

With whatever pump you use, port it. Don't shim it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts