Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey d-series,
I haven't been around d's for a while so I have a question concerning a d15b7motor replacing a d16y7. I know the dizzy will have to be changed out, I am also leaving the stock y7 intake manifold on the car. My question is this, will I have to put the y7 oil pump on the b7 block so i can run the crank angle postioning sensor? Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts behind this? This is my mom's car by the way, so please do not talk about performance mods/gains I will NEG. rep you.
-Jake

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Hey d-series,
I haven't been around d's for a while so I have a question concerning a d15b7motor replacing a d16y7. I know the dizzy will have to be changed out, I am also leaving the stock y7 intake manifold on the car. My question is this, will I have to put the y7 oil pump on the b7 block so i can run the crank angle postioning sensor? Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts behind this? This is my mom's car by the way, so please do not talk about performance mods/gains I will NEG. rep you.
-Jake
no you wont have to, simply change the housings put all the b7 dizzy guts into the y7 dizzy guts and let er rip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts