Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spun a rod bearing in my old motor so i swapped the motor out and everything runs good but my oil pressure light is on.

i just replaced the oil pump, new pan gasket, and oil pickup.

i installed a autometer electronic oil pressure gauge and it sits and zero with engine running and the light is still on.

does anyone know what's going on, do i have a block/clog somewhere?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when i take the fill cap off with the engine running i can see oil spitting around inside but not spraying around.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
well how much oil pressure is the guage readiing off idle? did u use teflon tape on the threads? i cant even tell you how many times ive seen gauges read improperly cause they arent grounded well. plus at idle oil pressure is very low that why i asked what it read above that at like 3000. did u prime the oil pump with oil when u put it in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did prime it.

used teflon tape.

ground is right off battery.

it reads at zero the whole time.

stock oil light is stedy on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it's teed off the block and i used tape on the sensor before i changed te motor and it worked fine

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
take it back to whoever u bought it from, tell them that its fucked up and that u want your money back

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
well if its fucked up after replacing the pump, pick up and all that. would u still want it? i wouldnt.

fuck it. pull it and throw it through the peoples window and get your money back. or if u bought it form a shop or motor distributor tell them u want another one that works

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well on the instructions it says to use teflon tape on the treads which i just did and i only hooked up the gauge and it sits on 0 when at idle and up in rpms

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i pulled the oil cap off to see if oil was still flowing and the engine died, put the cap back on and it started right back up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts