Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Well, if you have a pressure gauge AFTER the restrictor (actual psi reading at the turbo) somewhere between 10-15psi. Not much at all basicaly.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
On my td05H 16g, no restrictor caused oil leaks in the turbo. I made a restrictor (1/16th and no more problems) I initially thought the Banjo fitting was enough of a restiction but I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
pelsise said:
On my td05H 16g, no restrictor caused oil leaks in the turbo. I made a restrictor (1/16th and no more problems) I initially thought the Banjo fitting was enough of a restiction but I was wrong.

hmm, I have a tdo5h 16g and the restriction is internal in the core. I'll check it for leaks, then if it leaks, I'll throw on the restictor.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
mark7901 said:
hmm, I have a tdo5h 16g and the restriction is internal in the core. I'll check it for leaks, then if it leaks, I'll throw on the restictor.
The built in restrictor was not enough in my case.
Our motors have really high start up oil pressures and they tend to force the oil past the seals...

W

·
0 Posts
guest said:
first sorry for thread jacking. what type of gauge would you use inline with the oil feed line?
i use an oil pressure gauge with the stealthmode oil lines, firewall line, and adj. oil restrictor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
3an feed line, 10an return, no problems here, don't mess with restrictors, just run the line size i said. I ruined a few turbos messing with restrictors on a 4an feed.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
are you serious?
yeah, I have a autometer gauge that's like 2 1/2 inches I'm going put in the car, but I want something smaller like a b&m to mount inline with the oil feed line. I believe someone on hmt had two gauges in the car. One for the engine and one for the oil pressure after the restricter to the turbo :)
I just wanna have one in the engine.

W

·
0 Posts
/\ yea i have like the gauge pod that fits like 2 1/16 and it has boost pressure and oil pressure because i ran the oil pressure after the adj. restrictor to see what the turbos getting. but i plan on taking the oil one out and replacing with an egt and keeping the oil one under the hood. oh and their carbon fiber autometer mech. gauges.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
O 16581 72452 5 said:
3an feed line, 10an return, no problems here, don't mess with restrictors, just run the line size i said. I ruined a few turbos messing with restrictors on a 4an feed.
ok mine is a stealthmode kit so automatically its 3an feed, but i have one of the xs power turbos and heard thier seals are weaksauce??

·
Registered
461 Posts
EJ1All-Star said:
ok mine is a stealthmode kit so automatically its 3an feed, but i have one of the xs power turbos and heard thier seals are weaksauce??
Run what you have, if it smokes, put in a restrictor...

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Ive been running with no restrictor since the install and have had no problems at all. There is no smoke or no leaking anywhere...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts