Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a crx with A6/Y8 mini me and recently it started to lose oil pressure. When I first start the car the oil pressure is fine, but after driving between 10-20mins the oil pressure begins to drop pretty rapidly. and it just seems to get worse the warmer the car gets. I checked the oil level and it is exactly where it needs to be.Tthe motor is not making any odd noises or smoking.

I'm really kind of at a loss, I know it could be the oil pump or bearings but I 'm not really sure, since it is fine for the first 10 mins the car is running

any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ben

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it goes down real low to near zero psi and it does not raise with the revs of the engine but it starts out normal as in between 70-80psi at cold when first started. like I said it happens in a period of around 10-20 mins

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not yet, I'm trying to figure out which one it is or if it could be something else since it's got kind of wierd syptoms,

does anyone know of a way to tell if it is either of these?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have this exact problem bud, it fucking sucks. For me (and probably you) the clearnaces in your bearings are probably just to large. It isnt your oil pump, they dont just not work efftievly, there mechanical, they either work or they dont work.

What I did was just dump in some straight SAE 40 oil, pretty fucking thick even when hot. With synthetic my oil light could come on after about 15 min of driving when the oil warmed up, then I put the straight 40 in and I have about 25-30min before the light comes on which is rare Im driving for that long.

And now Ive got a canadian winter coming so Im gonna have even longer, dont go balls to thick though or youll have a tough time starting and I dont know how well the oil galleys in these sohcs flow with thick lube.

Im dropping in a built nitrous motor in the spring so this is just a temp fix for me, you might want to permanently fix in which my suggestion would be to check bearing clearances and while your at it might as well replace them, like 60 bucks? or maybe a few hundred if you have a descent mechanic, bring them the rings and give them a specified job.

Good luck

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, yeah I gonna take a look at the bearings, I do need more of a permanent fix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts