Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i never had an oil gauge but i just got a autometer elec water gauge......im extremely happy with it and the install was so much easier. no copper tube wraped in a coil spring deal(which broke which is why i got the autometer) to fish through the car and be limited to it length. im a new fan of elec gauges

·
Registered
838 Posts
get a copper line from autozone and the appropriate ferrals. I shimmed my z6 pump and get 100psi cold start. when hot i get 15-20psi idle, 50-60 psi 3k rpms. 5w-30. I think its very important that a high hp z6 has a ported oil pump. If you have to notch your block then might as well port the oil pump.

·
sprinkle fingers
435 Posts
that gauge will do just fine. my old honda never went above 95 psi on a cold morning befor the oil warmed up. So yeah that 100 psi is fine in my opinion.

·
sprinkle fingers
435 Posts
i personally prefur the mechanical gauge. like said get the brass line from auto zone. if you go through the fire wall place a garment protector around the whole or make sure you place wire through a hole in fire wall that has a rubber garment already there.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
My brand new electrical oil press autometer gauge stopped working in like 2 weeks.. still haven't pulled the sending unit off to see if its clogged
where did you mount the sender?

·
Registered
639 Posts
mechanical > electric!

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Another :bigok: for mechanical oil press. gauges. It's all I've ever used in personal cars. You can use the nylon line, but I'd suggest replacing it with a braided or copper line.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
autozone does sell the copper lines, and it comes with the brass fittings also.. and they are the right size because i used them... my local track doesnt accept the nylon/plastic hoses, so you have to run at least copper.... my buddy has a nylon one bust on him inside the car, and its not a pretty site.

·
Registered
613 Posts
On cold starts I hit ~95psi and once it warms up, depending if I've been beating on it, sits at either 20psi or 10psi.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts