Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a oil pressure gauge, its a Autometer gauge. I have it wired with the 3 wires you need. 1. ignition 2.ground 3.sender unit wire. proper fitting and hard ware are installed with tuner toys fittings. Here the problem when I turn the key on to acc. the gauge goes to 100 psi and stays there once engine is running. has anyone had this problem, or anyone help me out here. thanx.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup autometer sender unit. I checked the ground from sender to the ground with the key on and its go voltage to it. Iam clueless with what it maybe. could the sender be bad?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
I hope you didn't mount the sender to the engine, it will die in 500-1000 miles and Autometer won't replace it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
transzex said:
I hope you didn't mount the sender to the engine, it will die in 500-1000 miles and Autometer won't replace it.
Why is that...
Mine has been mounted to the engine for 20,000 miles and 3 years now, no problems.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
guest said:
^ the send unit weights HELLA! I zip tied mine to the firewall.

yep, mines on the firewall too. you dont want that shit snapping off. Loose oil pressure, oil, and make a mess

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just thought of something. Are you guys using a t fitting. The reason i ask is because I just mounted mine in the factory position and hooked the factory wire to the autometer sending unit. The oil light in the cluster has never came on, therfore I wasn't conserned with it, plus i can just moniter with the gauge. Also the only time i have ever seen a honda oil light on was right before the motor blew.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
the fitting I'am using is the Tuner toys dual outlet with the sender mounted to the firewall. my oil light sensor threads into the dual fitting so it is in stock location.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts