Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. D16z6 turbo biild. Brand new ACL Race oil pump. The pressure is dropping right around 6800 rpm. Enough that it looks like its dropping out of vtec. Thoughts??

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,517 Posts
What is the pressure? How much oil are you running and what weight?

I'll take windage for $600 Alex.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris from Xenocron said he saw it drop from 80ish to 60ish. He said normally the diff in pressure from the sending unit/filter area to the vtec solenoid area is approx 20psi. So if the gauge is showing 60, then he estimated 40ish around solenoid which is why it was dropping out of vtec. I have a vid of that last dyno run but I dont thikk I can post it here.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,517 Posts
Fix windage issue.

Enginemasters

PANTASTIC NEWS!
Season 5•Episode 56

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
and while youre there, throw another quart in the pan.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I watched that episode. Also wactched season 3 ep 32 which was even more detailed on that. If all else is good ( oil clean and godwilling no shavings of any kind in there, nothing in the filter ( which I will cut open to be sure ), check pressure switch is tight, check screen on vtec solenoid ) then the best ways to try and reduce windage is the either add or remove oil. I will also change the weight for the summer. This is of course outside of spending 100's on a moroso pan and windage trays and baffles etc. If none of this works, then opening it up and checking the pump could be the problem? Would a bad pump only give a problem at that rpm??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I watched that episode. Also wactched season 3 ep 32 which was even more detailed on that. If all else is good ( oil clean and godwilling no shavings of any kind in there, nothing in the filter ( which I will cut open to be sure ), check pressure switch is tight, check screen on vtec solenoid ) then the best ways to try and reduce windage is the either add or remove oil. I will also change the weight for the summer. This is of course outside of spending 100's on a moroso pan and windage trays and baffles etc. If none of this works, then opening it up and checking the pump could be the problem? Would a bad pump only give a problem at that rpm??
Here is my dipstick currently btw

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,517 Posts
refer back to the Enginemasters about scrapers. Quite a few of my transmission customers run them from Kevin Johnson.

3% power gain, less foaming, stable oil pressure.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts