Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have my mechanical autometer oil pressure gauge hooked up but i am looking to run an autometer mechanical oil temp gauge as well.

I am not wanting to run 2 nylon lines from my sandwich plate.. I want to keep it one line with a T. I also plan to switch fro the nylon line to the #4 stainless steel line. So my question is from the T what do i use to run the oil to the gauges?

Should i use nylon lines? (mind you they would only have to be a foot or 2 long.. Gauges are being mounted on my dash.)

Thanks for your input

gauges are being mounted in this style pod

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
my tech teacher warned me against nylon lines and he aint steered me wrong too many times, he always taught us to pop for the brass line upgrade

·
Registered
22 Posts
for the oil temp sensor then....do you drill and tap the pan and screw the sensor in? do you use a seal or anything to prevent leaks?

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
its a more expensive option, but have you looked into electronic pressure or temp gauge. i personally dont like the thought of an oil line running into the cabin. not to mention, a hard line that could make mounting tricky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts