Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive asked around and been told that dohc zc's have an issue with revving due to poor oil flow to the crank bearings, and that it's spacifically due to the oil passages and that you can have them machined out to fix the prob. i was just wondering if anyone had the spacifics on the problem, and what has to be done to fix it.
thanks for your time

·
Registered
344 Posts
they do have small oiling problems sometimes. go to endyn d series build

its better safe than sorry. i have already spun a rod bearing..its too much of a pain in the ass to change out the block on my new motor, i did the oil pump trick on there, and next i will be opening up the bearing holes. it doesn't go into much detail about opening up the oil passages though

·
Registered
424 Posts
ef pilot said:
ive asked around and been told that dohc zc's have an issue with revving due to poor oil flow to the crank bearings, and that it's spacifically due to the oil passages and that you can have them machined out to fix the prob. i was just wondering if anyone had the spacifics on the problem, and what has to be done to fix it.
thanks for your time
I think the "issue" with reving on the ZC motors are weak rods.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Volitech said:
that's completely untrue...
im afraid that it is true the zc suffers from oil starvation at high rpm this coming form me who has raced zc's for years and spun alot of main bearings. Visit that endyn link baove it shows you how to modify your pump and bearings to help solve the problem , also when doing a rebuild have your main bearing journals line honed and have your clearences at the higer end of hondas recomendation because honda build thier oil clearences too tight anyway. In my current engine i am running a revtec spec2 oil pump that has over sized rotors and modified housing , bored oiler holes in the bearings , extrude honed oil galleys and an external cooler so hoefully i wont have any problems come next season.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sikocivic said:
I think the "issue" with reving on the ZC motors are weak rods.
stock black top rods will take 200hp and 8000 rpm i ran shot peened and balanced rods in my old 190hp race engien without a problem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, thanks for the links. i won't have to worry about the rod problem due to i am oredoring h beam rods before it goes back togher. ill check out the link, and if anyone else has any other vital info about the zc dohc it would be greatly appreciated. i have time to work on it sence i have another running motor in the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts