Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was going to change the oil after breaking in my turbo and I noticed a leak coming underneath the oil pan. At first I thought it was the oil drain plug but later I found out that the oil pan gasket was ripped.

Of course im going to have to get a brand new one but do you think if I use some gasket make to fill up the hole, it would hold?

Also how does a rip in the gasket like that even happen? I installed it properly because its been around 3 months since I did the job and had no leaks up until now. Any idea what could have caused it or maybe I did something wrong from my end.
Appreciate any help so this doesn't happen again. thanks
(left a picture attached of the rip)

Attachments

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
could have been too tight ,not correct torque sequence ,warped pan,shitty gasket..

pan needs to be removed can;t just rvt the outside.

had a similar thing happen to me this summer ,I blamed it on the gasket :)..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could have been too tight ,not correct torque sequence ,warped pan,shitty gasket..

pan needs to be removed can;t just rvt the outside.

had a similar thing happen to me this summer ,I blamed it on the gasket :)..
I torqued them to spec in a criss cross pattern form the outside to the middle of the pan.The gasket costed around 20$ so idk if the material was just very bad.
Guess ill have to redo it :)

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
Sequence is middle to outside. Also make sure the metal spacers are still embedded into the gasket (not all holes have spacers), and double check your torque settings.
I have yet to see any of these spacers you speak of??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I swapped those rings from the OEM gasket to the new one, supposedly it only had 2 if I remember correctly on the pulleys side. Its just crazy to me that such a huge can happen like that. Anyone have torque specs for these pan bolts just to make sure that the ones I use are correct (i used 9ft pounds)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts