Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudesssss!
So last night I was about to fire up my build. And I was putting the spark plugs in. I got to cylinder 4 and go to pull out my wrench and out comes the spark plug and the threats is actually still stuck in the head. :( well long story short. I had walked away and some buddies kept working on it. They had taken the headbolts off before draining the coolant. So you can guess what the block looked like once the head came off ( block - was covered in coolant. / coolant sitting in the cylinders on top of the pistons. So I cleaned it as best as I could and drained my oil and now I'm about to slap it back together, so now my question is, (in the picture ) are these oil or coolant passages? Thanks for the advice in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much ! Now so just spray a bunch of breaK cleaner down the oil passages ? And the the pressure feed spot to the head ?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Thank you so much ! Now so just spray a bunch of breaK cleaner down the oil passages ? And the the pressure feed spot to the head ?
did a bunch of dirt get down the oil drain back holes? i wouldnt spray anything down into the crankcase unless you know its dirty/dusty. cover it with a towel when your not working on it to keep the dust down and you shouldnt have an issue with just putting a new gasket on and putting the head on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts