Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am piecing together a junk yard turbo setup for my car so I trying to work all the technical stuff out as I go along. Right now I have the engine out of the car so I figured it would be easier to tap the pan for the oil return line and just cap it off for the moment. I know where that one goes so it's no problem.

Where does the oil feed line that goes from the block to the turbo go? I am using a Z6 block. Also, is there anything that should be done to compensate for the oil that is going to be used for the turbo? I'm figuring that at the LEAST I should have to add more oil than the stock engine normally takes. Right?

Is there anything to be done to the oil pump to avoid starving the bearings from oil - or is this not to be a concern?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. Thanks. It gets another question though.

After doing that, aren't you loosing the sensor that gets removed? I guess that sensor isn't very important, but I would like to keep the sensor.

Alternatively, could I get a oil filter relocation kit and add a T into one of it's lines and get my oil supply from that? I can't see why not. My only concern would be starving the engine from oil some how. I'm paranoid about that if you haven't picked up on it already. :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
They might have placed it on the firewall. That's a better way of doing it. It reduces the risk of the assembly snapping off(yes it has happened). That would be your oil pressure sensor. :wink:

They usually "T" off the oil pressure sensor. One end feeds the turbo while the other end attaches to the oil pressure sensor. Make sure you buy the right fitting. Some of them are not the right size and can strip the threads in your block. Here is the perfect fitting you will need:
http://shop.vendio.com/funinfeenix/item/646388659/index.html

The turbo isn't going to hold alot of oil so your oil level should stay very close to the same.

Here is a pic of the T for the oil line:

Yes, the oil pressure sensor is busted. :cry:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
leaves room for an oil pressure gauge. ^^ :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool - thanks for the good looking pic.

I am planning to relocate the oil filter because I'm a lazy person and I hate crawling up under the car. and burning my arms on the hot engine.

Would I get the same effective oil distribution if put my T into the relocation kit? The oil would pumpo out from the engine, through the filter, and then T off to the turbo as well as back into the engine.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one idea is to get a t fitting and run a single line from the block to the t ftting that is bolted to the firewall. then from yhtere you can run the turbo like and oil sensor. why remotely you might ask? well under heavy viberation the t stuck directly having to support the weight of the extra oil line, and the stock oil sensor alogn with it hanging out so far and usually brass tends to eventually crack or worse break off. I've seen a few do this. sure it's easy to remove and repalce with a new one and doesn't happen very often, but ya could solve the issue completely by doing it that way from the start and never have to worrie about that at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts