Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an oil line kit from blaastperformance.com and i emailed to ask if the kit came with a restrictor or not, because on the site it says it does, but i didnt see on in the kit i recieved.

i emailed him and asked about the restrictor and he emailed me this back:

"Yes, one of the fittings must be welded in such a manner to leave just small opening of about 1/16" it's normally the fitting that is screwed into the turbo "

that seemed a little odd because ive never heard of doing that before, so i emailed him again and asked for a diy or step by step of the process, and he sent me this.

"you mean the steps to verify that your oil feed fitting is really restricted?

sure...

Step#1: remove the fitting from turbo and / or oil line
Step#2: Look if the fitting has been welded and then re-drilled to 1/16" of an inch."

has anyone ever done this before? If so, please explain........i dont quiet understand it i dont think.

thanks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
so has the fitting already been welded for you? it kind of seems like thats what he is saying...

just look at all your fittings and see if one looks to have a tiny hole rather than the regular size one

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no extra pieces, and its not already welded. just the fitting that goes to the turbo, the feed line, drain line, and drain hose. thats it

it kind of sounded like to me i was supposed to mount it offset so the whole isnt fully open.....

i dont know, sounds odd to mee. i dont know if i want to risk it.

thanks for the help so far, keep it coming.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What turbo are you running that you need a restrictor? I've used a T25, T3 super .60 and now a T3/T04E, .60/.63 and I've not ever needed a restrictor.
garrett t3/t04e 54 trim stage 1 wheel
.70 coldside .63 hotside

im going to run a restrictor because im not risking blowing the seals on a $600 turbo. i was planning on running an in-line restrictor.......not this half ass way of ofsetting the feed connection to the turbo. well, i dont know if its half assed, but something ive never heard of

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that does sound weird. you should email him again and ask him to send a picture of what he is talking about.

and answer your phone loser.

ryan
i already asked him for pictures AND a step by step diy..........but what he gave me is what i poted, thats why im needing the help.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
What turbo are you running that you need a restrictor? I've used a T25, T3 super .60 and now a T3/T04E, .60/.63 and I've not ever needed a restrictor.
then you have been damn lucky that you didnt push oil past the seals...

bushing type snails only need about 15psi of oil pressure. the 60+ that your Honda makes is a little excessive...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
mine didnt come with that

now im kinda upset that it didnt come with that.

the way he desrcibed how the restrictor in my kit worked, it doesnt sound like he is talking about the same piece you have there in the pics

thanks for the pics though, greatly appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.