Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this everything needed for the oil kit for my turbi setup?

i thought for some reason you used the head as your oil supply, but this is saying that theyir fitting is for the block.

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
That looks like it should be everything you need. You might need to weld a fitting to the oil pan though.
a little jb weld will work too! if your ghetto fabbin...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a little jb weld will work too! if your ghetto fabbin...
definately not ghetto fabbing..........last thing i want is to worry about an oil leaK.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i did....going on 4 months...no leaks
cool. I've never actually used jb weld before so i guess i dont really know the capabilities of it. I just saw "ghetto fabbin" and figured that it was the equivalent of a good duct tape job.

i have access to a welder so it wont be any problem for me to do it by welding.

thanks for the input though.....any is appreciated

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
so many people use jb weld on their other returns... ive used it on many setups, no leaks! used it on motorcycle engine cases, no leaks. its on my current setup, 2 months no leaks, stuff is the shiznit!

even used it on my bros plastic dirtbike gastank that had a 6 inch crack!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
you can use either the block, or you can install an oil filter sandwich that will supply oil for your turbo. As far as the return, just use a threaded piece of copper piping, with nuts and washers on both sides (squishing the 2 sides together)

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it looks like a very well put together kit, and it seems to be all there. if you get it, do a product review, so we can all know if the kit is any good. :TU:

will do

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
JB Weld is the bomb!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Personally, I'd drill and tap the oil pan for the return line. Slap some teflon tape on there, screw that fitting in and secure with some JB Weld. I think that should cover any leakage on the return line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts