Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not on my coupe but on the beater. It’s an 88 civic wagon. Never had this problem before. The oil level is fine and I’ve always taken care of all my cars. Could it be the oil pump? I never drive that car hard so I cant see it wearing out so early. It only has 145,000 miles.

It doesn’t stay on all the time. Right after start up it stays on for like 5-10 seconds, and then goes off. Sometimes when I stop at a red light it will go on for like a second or two. When this happens I throw it in neutral and get the revs up slightly to increase the oil pressure and then the light goes off.

It’s been slowly getting worse. It only used to happen when the motor was cold. Now it does it more often.

So what do you think? Is it a problem with the oil pump or maybe a faulty pressure sender? Or something else.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope it's not the oil pump. How long do you think it would take to change one out? I dont have to pull the motor to do that right? Fuck, If I do I just may swap in a ZC or something.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
you can probably change it out through the bottom of the motor while it's still in the car. but you'll have to remove the header to get access to the oil pan.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm gonna remove the sending unit and put a pressure gauge there so I'll know its the pump before going through all that shit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts