Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Rick, ive been on here for a little wile, finally going to use my member ship here to figure some stuff out.

So here is what i drive!
97 ek hatch
d16y7

The Problem
Leaking a little bit of oil from the Dizzy.
Now i know some are thinking what is this idiot thinking, but hear me out, im guessing where the dizzy sticks into the motor, the seal on the dizzy is bad? Has any one heard of this kind of thing? Or would that be a bad cam seal? It leaks down the side and on the tranny, and not only does it look terrible, it cost alot to keep putting in full synthetic oil every 2 weeks.
Can any one help?:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much! Does any one possibly know where to find this said o ring? I went to the parts store, and of corse the dumb lady did not know what i was talking about, nor did she act like she cared.
So im wondering if its a honda part or if its just a hardware store part?
Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I believe you can get it from stores that supply this kind of things...But maybe it's better to take it from Honda, it's not expensive anyway...

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
It's like a $1 at any Honda dealership. If you reinstall and it continues to leak, crank open the dizzy itself and check to see if oil is inside of it. If so, time for a new dizzy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i pulled the dizzy off, there was lots of oil caked behind it, and on both the dizzy and head, so i clean it all up, and will see what happens ill go pick up a dizzy o ring from honda tommorow and lets hope this solves my problem ill post pics tommorow if i end up swapping it all out, but i do have to work, and go to interview at firestone so bare with me. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts