Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it say i have a D16Y8 STOCK and im loosing OIL. or burning it? how can i tell? well i lift my car and it has a few drips but i cant figuere our were it comes from is a few here are some pics maybe some one can help me.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
gotta clean all that nasty shit off first... then you can tell where its coming from... i just know being theres oil all around the dizzy seal, so there had to be oil coming either from that of the valve cover. but clean your shit first, then figure out where its coming from

·
Registered
95 civic 2dr
126 Posts
use carb choke cleaner and spray it off will help out a lot but i would say dizzy and maybe front crank but its hard to tell good luck

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yep, take a clean of $2 brake clean to the mess...then crank the car and watch for the leaks.

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
Def dizzy o-ring. Do that cause ive seen that go ignored and then the coolant hose right under that goes too. clean everything off and check again. Is that a "pan saver" drain plug? Ive done a few oil pan gaskets too on those that can look like a rear main depending on where its leaking. Pull the inspection cover to see if you have any oil behind there. Cam seal possible too like others said.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank u everyone, i would like to try and start from head down. does any 1 know of sites for all these gasket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts