Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok sl i was driving and i saw smoke so pulled over there was oil all in the back by the filter but the filter was tight it seemed to stop leakin tho i guess it was just a one time thing

its a d16y7 tho are there any oil lines but the filter or something any diagrams??

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only thing i can see is thr driver axle has a rip in it but would that shoot out oil everywhere?? theres also a power steering line above the axle that could have done it but my resiviour is full still

·
Registered
650 Posts
the only thing i can see is thr driver axle has a rip in it but would that shoot out oil everywhere?? theres also a power steering line above the axle that could have done it but my resiviour is full still
Okay, when you say "oil leak", most people will assume engine oil. You have to be more specific.

If your CV boot is ripped, you'll get a thick, black grease on stuff (if it's thrown off the CV joint).

If your power steering is leaking, you'll get a very thin, almost clear oil on stuff.

If it looks kinda black/brown, and it's not very thin, not very thick, it's most likely engine oil, form somewhere. If it's reddish, or red/brown it's most likely transmission fluid.

You're going to have to narrow it down for anyone to be able to help you.

Clean the area really well, get it f-ing spotless. Then, look for whatever, and wherever is leaking.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it looked like engine oil but also like my power steering fluid has the same color in the resiviour.. and its not leaking anymore it just pissed out oil when i was driving and thats it

·
Registered
650 Posts
If your power steering fluid is dark brown, you're going to need to flush it. That's not good.

Clean that part of your engine really well, and then look for the leak. If necessary, put some talc/baby powder/(cocaine;)) on the engine (after you clean it) and try to find the leak that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts