Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my project car that i just put a new felpro gasket kit on has an oil leak coming from just above distributor like out of the cam seal? which was put in from machine shop? anyone else had problems here? distributor gasket, cam gasket, or valve cover gasket. also the valve cover bolt seals? how do you fit them over special valve cover bolt? seems impossible...

·
Registered
Honda Civic
100 Posts
can't seem to see the pictures too well, but from what I can gather, maybe the rocker cover was over tightened, which squashes it, and it may leak ?

If you degrease the whole area, then look for the first drops of oil, then take a picture, post it right side up, we may be able to tell a bit better

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
375 Posts
I agree with Pete578. Have another look at the cover seal.
It's also worth checking that the distributor is properly sealed into the head.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
375 Posts
Well, you could try re-seating it after cleaning all surfaces and making sure they're flat - it doesn't take long, after all. But there is also a chance that you've crushed it too much for it to work properly.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Take the cover off and examine the gasket for obvious damage. If there is none, clean everything up and reinstall w Hondabond/grey permatex on the corners.

I’ve reused VC gaskets many times without issues. Just make sure to seal the sharp corners where it goes on top of the cam.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
I would say it's either the valve cover gasket or the distributor itself is leaking and the oil is getting tossed around. When my dizzy was leaking and I was driving on it every day, it looked just like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts