Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ppl have been telling me all diff things nd i cannot find a straight answer online... is there an oil jet/restricter in y7 block?? help me plz thanx

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i do not believe there is one. it is in the head like z6's and y8's.

i have a y7 im going to visit later tonight and ill check for sure.

i know 100% that non-vtec 88-95 motors do have the restrictor in the block

·
Registered
685 Posts
the y7 does NOT have a re stricter on the block. at least mine didn't... if it came off the head, then not sure. i didn't really inspect the head at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nd one more question do I need to port out my stock oil pump in order for it to get the right amount of oil?

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Where is it in the head??
I believe its located between cylinder 2&3 but you don't have to do anything to it so the location is unnecessary.

Nd one more question do I need to port out my stock oil pump in order for it to get the right amount of oil?
Are you planning on just doing a basic mini-me swap or are you going boosted? If your just doing the head swap then it'll be fine, but if you building up the motor (pistons, cam, etc...) then maybe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanx for all the help guys just ave to get the parts to do this nd im good all ready have the head nd the headgasket jus need the rest

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
ok thanx for all the help guys just ave to get the parts to do this nd im good all ready have the head nd the headgasket jus need the rest
Cool any other future plans for the car?? Make sure to take pics and post them up when your done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nothing really jus take it easy and make it look pretty here is wat my car looks like:

hopefully ctr mirrors and sidemarkers and maybe a duckbill and ill be happy i might also paint my rims red...it has red lcas and a red beaks bar

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
That is a sexy hatch!! Are you making a ctr clone? Should be a nice cruiser with the mini-me in it..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts