Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a f'ing issue... I have oil leaking into my compressor side of the turbo... I used a 't' fitting off the oil pressure sensor and i did not tighten all the charge pipes and I seen oil running out of my turbo's air compressor. This is a new install all new parts. I have not put a pressure regulator on the line. The turbo is a t3/t4 (overkill for now) and its on a d15b7 (waiting to finish the d16z6). The oil's high pressure line is 1/8" ID and the lower pressure 3/8' or so and goes right down into the pan.

So do I need a pressure regulator?
Are my seals(if there are any) blown out of the turbo?
Most important WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!!!

W

·
0 Posts
inproper drain is it going straight to the oil pan or curved even alittle?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was burning off a lot of the oil that was on the header and stuff from the install.

I do have a little i mean little crease in the low pressure line. I can even say a crease. more like a flat spot that only dips in an 1/16

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh maybe i misunderstood the line curves down a bit so if you were to say that the turbo's oil outlet would face the bottom of the oil pan and the hose ends up going to the top. the hose is curved not straight

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Is the oil drain as high up on the oil pan as possible? If yes then, I would suspect your oil pressure to the turbo is too high and its time for a restrictor. If thats still good how is your PCV setup? Refere to Vtecducks post in the DIY section.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Because eventualy the PCV will fail and cause uber high crankcase pressure wich in turn will jack up your oil pressure and force its way past the seals. That tiny little plastic valve cannot handle the forces of boost over time. The plastic "stopper" and spring will disappear on you and it has one place to go. In your engine hehe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK well i will invest there, but that still doesn't make sense that it would go before I have even given the car 1 psi of boost. Thank you Bizzare.

So do I need a pressure resistor?
Do I open the turbo to check for blown seals? BTW I had an oil sandwich adapter and I had so much pressure there that it blow oil between the filter and the adapter. So Bizzare you may be right as of now is my PVC valve bad?

Thank you guys so much!!!

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I am almost willing to bet its the oil supply line to the turbo itself. I don't care how small the line is the pressure is still there. Have you seen the size of a proper restrictor opening? The smallest of oil lines arent even close to that! I dont recall the right size but its something along .060" wich is smaller than my peehole on my pecker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you need a restrictor in your oil feed line and be sure that the drain is above oil level in the pan. gravity is not scavenging the oil fast enough from your turbo which means that you need to lower the pressure (restrictor). The oil is just accumulating in the turbo since it cannot drain away fast enough. You see this kind of problem with scavenging pumps mostly but is not unheard of with high oil pressure, not enough drain or a combination of both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts