Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
same
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few years ago I noticed oil inside my distibutor cap. I ordered the dizzy O-ring and installed it. When I put it back together the car wouldn't start I think because the oil inside wrecked stuff. So I installed a new dizzy and everything was fine. Now I'm noticing oil again inside the cap. I'm going to change the valve cover gasket and see if that fixes it. Also it's bogging at 3/4 throttle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
id check the vc gasket. but also check the dizzy gasket i got a new one with a cracked gasket one time ive been looking at them before i put them in now.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
there's a internal oil retainer which coukd be already wasted, and that's your problem.

no problem. you can fix it. read, and learn.

you'll need:

1. internal distributor retainer. you can find that at any acura/honda parts dealer.

2. liquid paper.

3. patience.

procedure: take off the dist. from the engine. remove cap, rotor, dust jacket.

now, this step is very important. with the liquid paper procede to mark the position between the distributor shaft and the pronged part that connects the dist. to the cam. you need to do that in order to preserve the firing order of the distributor.

once you let the liquid paper dry, take off the prong from the dist. shaft. in order to do that, there's a metal round clip that looks like a piston ring. take that off. then there's a metal pin lock. push it, it will slide very easy. take the prong off, careful with the liquid paper mark.

on the other side of the distributor, loosen ignitor, coil and a series of set of screws that hold a partition inside the distributor. be careful. there are three magnets, one up, two down. don't break them or you're toast.

once you got the partition loose, take it off. you'll see the retainer. take it off and replace with the new one.

install is the reversal of order and you're done.

·
Registered
same
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you pinpointed it.

So is the bearing oiled and it's just leaking by?

Just curious, How many others have had this problem?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
no, not the bearing. it's a oil retainer, same looking as the oil pump retainer, only way smaller. the dist. bearing is exactly at the partition.

i really hope you understand me. i'm translatiing from spanish, so...

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
according to the diagram... i think they don't carry it. maybe if you can take the dist. to a honda parts dealer and show them... if not, lmk i think i can find it here and send it to you. mind you i'm located in the caribbean.

·
Registered
same
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This dizzy came from Dizzy King on ebay and shortly after oil started leaking thru. I am a little dizapointed. I wonder what the limited warantee covers?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
that write-up is pretty much the same as mine, only better written :)

what you're looking for is for the distributor seal.

concerning your question on the warranty issue, check with king before any diy repair attempt.

good luck, and keep us posted on how it went.

·
Registered
Civic Si hatch EH3 -
198 Posts
98% of civics here has this problem.. and no one find the internal o'ring to buy...

it's not a std size of o'ring, so it's nearly impossible to find one outside honda,and honda here only sell the complete distributor

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
really, rapa? damn...

idk, two weeks ago i got me a internal retainer for the dizzy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts