Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the oil heater/cooler from my b6 block that i could install onto my z6 build. What do you guys think of it? yae or nae? I was thinking it would help keep the temps down but then again that water is usually 160+ degrees...

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
z6 doesn't have it stock. but b-series motors and prelude motors use it and there making more power. this would actually be kinda sick, if you did it clean and it didn't clutter up that area.

WTB: oil cooler!!! fuck I gave the junkyard a block with that on there awhile back.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Your oil needs to get hot enough to boil the moister out it. You don't want your oil to cold.

I would put an oil temp gauge in the oil pan first, then after to see the oil temp then decide.

IMO it's just the possibility of one more problem.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
"Gas saver" engines usually run a little lean. Lean=more prone to overheating. It wouldn't hurt to install one; as the stock style oil coolers also heat the oil too.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Gas saver" engines usually run a little lean. Lean=more prone to overheating. It wouldn't hurt to install one; as the stock style oil coolers also heat the oil too.
well since im going way beyond stock, with this compression ratio and everything i would think that it would help cool the oil in the summertime, and heat the oil in the wintertime. and its not that hard to remove.. if worst comes to worse, ill just remove it and get the 6$ allthread from my local honda dealership. (i know, im ordering a new one monday).

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
I would say go for it...especially if you are boosted.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would say go for it...especially if you are boosted.
My engine dont need no air pump to help it breathe like some old man sucking on a bottle of oxygen, my engine sucks in the air and blows it out its ass at the turbo guys.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
My engine dont need no air pump to help it breathe like some old man sucking on a bottle of oxygen, my engine sucks in the air and blows it out its ass at the turbo guys.
Then i would say hook that shit up man. haha i like the analogy you used dude.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
lol , you say that now, but all the turbo guys know that na guys are just na cuz they are practicing to be turbo guys one day....lol And yes, I'm still a na guy, but only cuz cali sucks balls and cops listen for a bov around here.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts