Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96-00 EX tranny that I'm rebuilding this weekend. I've got all the bearings that I need etc, I was told that I *may* need a 92-95 Si oil guide plate but Bense wasn't totally sure. Problem is they're on backorder and I won't be able to get it till sometime next week which is a problem (this is the only weekend I can do it for a while).

This is the setup that is going in.

OBX LSD
stock 1st gear
1.762 2nd gear
stock 3rd gear
1.033 4th gear
.771 5th gear
stock final

Do I *NEED* the 92-95 guide plate, or will the 96-00 work ok. If it doesn't, is there a way to modify it so that it works. And lastly, if none of this is possible, is there anyone that can get one to me by Saturday?

Answers and help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
what part exactly are you talking about. I have plenty of spare parts. some here at school, some at home.
Interesting build, is it for boost?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,799 Posts
why would you need to change the gutter plate?

hell I never even take then out except if I'm junking the tranny!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that's a no, SWEET! Works for me.:TU:

Oh BTW Bone, thanks a lot for the 4th gear mod and synchro.:D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yea, thats what I thought your talking about. I didn't replace mine (and I replaced a lot of stuff) if its not broken, it will do its job just fine. Why did bense mention changing it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, thats what I thought your talking about. I didn't replace mine (and I replaced a lot of stuff) if its not broken, it will do its job just fine. Why did bense mention changing it?
Not sure, in fact, he wasn't sure either lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts