Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was watching some of these filter comparison videos online and I noticed how none of them look at the inelt design on the filters. the main thing I notice is how some have more holes than others wich im guessing would flow better.

I usually run K&N but ive decided to start using fram ultra. the small filter is a fram VQ35 filter..

the K&N has 5 inlet holes while the fram ultra has 12. also when I pulled the K&N no oil was in the filter, looks like the anti drain back valve on it didn't do its job.....

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I dont know about fram ultra...but if its like the rest of fram it sucks balls. Run a wix filter. As good as a o&n half the price and it looks like the smaller filter you have with a bunch of holes. Wix doesnt use cardboard on the inside like fram...wix uses metal

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Puralator Pure One here, the whole can is coat in "sure grip" and has metal end caps with synthetic filter media

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wix here, too. I've heard good things about the Purolator filters, and the Mobil one's, as well.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Puralator Pure One here, the whole can is coat in "sure grip" and has metal end caps with synthetic filter media
that's what I run. pureOnes are good stuff.

also the VQ35DE has a lot more stuff to lubricate than a D, so of course it'd need more filter flow.

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Fram [Honeywell] is $hit! Total garbage. Will never ever put one on my car.

Napa Gold is the only filter I will use on my vehicle.

For those that dont know, Napa Gold filters ARE Wix filters. Exact same product, with different paint.

·
Registered
1998 Civic dx Hatch
88 Posts
From all the videos I've seen the fram ultra is made with metal end caps inside.
No they are card board endcaps and the pleat design is crap. Found this video.

·
Registered
1998 Civic dx Hatch
88 Posts
Your right my bad I thought it was the ultra. However I still don't see the point in paying twice what a wix or purolator cost to get a filter the has less filtering material.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts