Oil filter cut away Fram & WIX

Fram on left, Wix on right

The Fram bypass valve, also notice the cardboard end caps

See the wix filter media mount on the right, Fram has a gasket

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I came here from the new post side bar like.... OoOoOO!!! I wonder who posted this one because I will rep them even if it was some white eg guy!!!!!!!

#%?!"&!!!! Of course It's freaking Bogus....

I can enjoy the non happy face post too btw! Wix is good stuff! Don't they make the crazy amsoil filters!? Shhh....

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
I would like to see a cut away of the Napa Premium (i think) oil filters. They are made the same place Wix filters are made. Would love to see if they are the same

But, anyways AWESOME! There is a reason the Reher Morrison motors always come with a Wix on it and why i only use Wix on my car.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to see a cut away of the Napa Premium (i think) oil filters. They are made the same place Wix filters are made. Would love to see if they are the same

But, anyways AWESOME! There is a reason the Reher Morrison motors always come with a Wix on it and why i only use Wix on my car.
NAPA Gold, same as WIX the numbering system is about the same, all NAPA did was add a number in front of the Wix part number

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Funny I was just testing these two out, my wix filter was the bizzness compared to the fram. It trapped so much more particulates seemed heavier when I pulled it as opposed the the fram. Wish I still had t to open up dirty so we can look at them both after a hard run of things.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I do over 70 oil changes a month at work, I'll have to start cutting open filters and show what they look like.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Purolator PureOne is what I use. Napa Gold is good, as is bosch, and apparently Wix. Didn't know the Wix and Napa Gold were the same

Everyone knows Fram is junk ;)
yep, im all about the pureONEs

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I've always used the K&N ones because usually they're just $2-3 more than the house brand. Plus they're a local company so it's nice knowing the money is helping the local economy. I've known dozens of people who've worked at K&N.
These are the ONLY filters I run.... I don't give a damn about price.... quality is what matters to me. K&N ALL DAY.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts