Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know if anyone knows what the thread size is on b18a1 oil filter... you know, the part the filter screws onto... i want to buy a kit and im going to add a oil cooler as well... here is the link, if you know for sure it will work, please let me know, otherwise let me know what the thread size is so i can get the right kit... thank you, Brian

https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productitem_10001_10002_759406_-1_192078

Reactions: Hellhatch

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump, going to bed, still need some info, thank you, Brian

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump
still looking for some input, does anyone know the thread size the filter screws onto... b18a1, thanks, Brian

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Well, I know civic's and GSR's use the same oil filter. I have no idea on that thread size and shit like that.....

try H-T. they know everything. or get a kit for hondas.
What's your setup anyway?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I know civic's and GSR's use the same oil filter. I have no idea on that thread size and shit like that.....

try H-T. they know everything. or get a kit for hondas.
What's your setup anyway?
nothing special really...

b18a1, I/H/E, arias pistons, eagel rods, shaved stock flywheel, some work done to the crank-not sure what was done to it exactly, new clutch to be done this weekend...

i want to hook up my oil cooler and my oil pressure switch as well...

·
10,488 Posts
I'm pretty sure an oil cooler would be a waste right now. I wouldn't get one anyway.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure an oil cooler would be a waste right now. I wouldn't get one anyway.
your prolly right, just thought i would do it now befor summer comes and i want to turbo it later on... ah, prolly will just relocat the filter and add the oilp pressure switch... thank for the input man...

·
10,488 Posts
You could run the oil cooler inline with the oil feed line instead. I personally don't like the idea of relocating the oil filter.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could run the oil cooler inline with the oil feed line instead. I personally don't like the idea of relocating the oil filter.
true, i thought of using a sandwich adapter (thank's jimmy :) ) instead which will allow the filter to remain in the same location...

this will prolly be the best thing i could do...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bone, you are the man!!! (Spin on adaptor, 20x1.5mm thread)

thanks alot for the help...
i will prolly go ahead and hook up my oil cooler AFTER i read the thread you linked... i was about to change my mind but the hoses they used in the article are hella long so it dosnt seem like i will lose much oil pressure with the cooler installed... but, again, i will read the article to see just what they did first...

thanks again bone, Brian

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you again Bone...

i just orderd everything but fitting's and hose, figure ill go to national performace for the rest once i decide the location and amount of hose needed... it will be nice to have a working oil presure gauge as well as easy oil changes/cooler temp's...

the last DIY i did went over pretty well, i'll prolly do another one when i install this...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was thinking of using this same piece to feed the oil to my turbo, is this a good idea?
i dont see a problem with that...

hopefully someone whos turbod will know for sure and post an answer for this question...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts