Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Tried searching but to no avail.I did a mini me with a D15B head on Y8 sub.Now I was disappointed with the figures I got and it has been firgured out that the vtec does not work because of the oil feed.

Any assistance as to how to solve this issue and get my baby driving the way she should.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Ballade
580 Posts
eish :hammer::roll:

my 6c worth

VERY IMPORTANT: If you have a D15 block (or any D-series block with an oil jet for that matter), you need to make sure that you remove the oil jet between cylinders 2 and 3 when you do this swap. If you don’t, you won’t have VTEC. I forgot to pull the oil jet out the first time. You won’t get a code, your ECU will say your solenoid is fine and everything is working great but VTEC will not actually engage. Make sure you remove the oil jet. I took a screw, screwed it into the oil jet, and then pulled it out with a pair of pliers.

With the oil jet in:

You take the oil jet out by driving a screw in, and then yanking it out with a pair of pliers:

The oil jet removed:

quoted form...
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053

·
Registered
1997 Honda Ballade
580 Posts
Hi all

Tried searching but to no avail.I did a mini me with a D15B head on Y8 sub.Now I was disappointed with the figures I got and it has been firgured out that the vtec does not work because of the oil feed.

Any assistance as to how to solve this issue and get my baby driving the way she should.
I found this stuff on google...

http://www.hondaboys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11664

:hammer:

·
Registered
1997 Honda Ballade
580 Posts
OK... so it turns out ADsmiths mechanic didnt take the oil jet out...

We will do so tomorrow..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorted the problem out,thanks to Icarus.For those who cant hear their vtec kick in,unlucky cause mine sounds sweet.

Figures are 110.2kw and 161nm and needs a remap so watch the space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts