Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to put oil restrictor orifice with My T25 feeded from oil pressure sensor behind block, and what size of hose should I need ? I'll make it in rigid tubing like oem turbo'ed cars :)

thank you

·
Registered
461 Posts
Like i said in every other thread on this topic.

3an feed, 10an return, it's been proven to be ideal. Use only a braided feed line, you'll regret it if you use anything else, trust me, my car caught on fire from a cheap feed.

E

·
0 Posts
mark7901 said:
really depends on the turbo, I dont need a resitrictor because it comes with one internally......but you really need to talk to the turbo manufactor
even if it has a built in restrictor, that isn't enough. You should really get one for your oil line, if you want more peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
some times you need them sometimes you dont..

go buy one for 15 bucks and have it around if you need it..

i needed one on my dsm t25 but i know someone who does not use one and its fine.

just make sure your drain line is at least 5/8" i.d. i only use 3/4" id for my drains though..

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
mark7901 said:
http://www.turbochargers.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_30&products_id=68

and I guess I should say the person who told me that is the person who warrenties the turbo. I didnt actualy talk to the "manufactor" per say
Yeah, they say no restrictor needed on a DSM... Our hondas have much higher oil pressure.

I have a 16G INSTALLED and running for almost 2000 miles... It NEEDS a Restrictor. I know there is a built in restrictor on the 16G, but it is not enough.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
gpny said:
Yeah, they say no restrictor needed on a DSM... Our hondas have much higher oil pressure.

I have a 16G INSTALLED and running for almost 2000 miles... It NEEDS a Restrictor. I know there is a built in restrictor on the 16G, but it is not enough.
ok, I will definitly take your advise and triple check with this guy, but I specifically asked about it. I actually was talking with him for a while. He know's it's going on a Honda, I specifically asked him about the differences and he said I shouldnt have to worry about it. I will call him back. I'll also do some searches and find out the pressure difference in a 1g dsm vs. honda. Thanks for looking out! BTW, what size restrictor are you running on it? I would hope this guys doesnt want to replace too many turbo's by giving out that info.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts