Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a -3an oil feed line for my t25 saab turbo unit, but to get it to all hook up together im going to need some adapters for both the turbo and engine ends of the oil line. im going to need a -3an to 1/8npt male to male for the engine end and also a -3an to m12x1.5 for the turbo end.
My question is am i ok going with the aluminium fittings from earls or goodridge etc or do i need to get the steel fittings

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
brass, aluminum, or steel are fine and will all work. get what is cheaper and faster to get.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
brass, aluminum, or steel are fine and will all work. get what is cheaper and faster to get.
x2... i dont know why there would be a problem with putting aluminum fittings on a turbo or engine block... just make sure you put teflon tape on the fitting before screwing it in

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put teflon tape onto the fitting that actually goes into the turbo?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd get steel fittings.

You can get a good oil line kit here and save yourself some headaches.
http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/OLK44

Thanks Mike!

BTW - If you don't want to buy the whole kit, feel free to ask us for pricing on just teh items you need.

Also, the threads on the engine are not 1/8NPT, they are 1/8BSPT. Don't use NPT in that port, get an adapter so you don't disturb the threads in the block.

Craig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts