Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay,

I just about have my kit done. It would be done except for the oil feed. I ordered a oil line kit from fastturbo.com (i think) and it looked like a great kit. But when i go to screw the fitting into the back of the block it wont fit. I have went EVERYWERE (Home Depot, Lows, Tractor supply, Autozone) looking for this fitting. The smallest fitting they have is 1/8 and that is just big enough to not fit. So does anybody know where i can get a fitting to work? ANYTHING will help. I WANNA DRIVE MY CAR!

-Michael

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
The block fitting is a 1/8 BSPT, not the same as a 1/8 NPT probably what you have. You need to get an adapter. I think autometer has them

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
:TU: for TT and mcmasters. I bought the oil feed fitting with the three or four ports from TT and misc. t's and barb brass fittings form mcmaster. The only things is you have to buy in bulk at mcmasters on somethings. I just did my oil feed line and blocked it off. it came out hella nice. no problems or leaks. I wanna add a oil press gauge and restricter to the line going to the turbo though..........

·
Registered
629 Posts
sorry for the threadjack, but to avoid making another thread...how have you guys had the oil feed and an oil pressure gauge. im having a hard time making it work, and i'd really like to have it hooked up. right now i have a "T" that goes into the block for the oil line, and stock oil pressure sender, but i can't find another fitting that i can make work for the gauge. thanks in advance for any help.

/threadjack

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigwig said:
Fast-turbo's kit definitely has a BSPT to NPT fitting. Either you bought your kit from elsewhere or you are installing it incorrectly
i did get the kit from them. i gave them a call today. they are sending me another one because they said they buy them in bulk so sometimes they are messed up.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Curbow_USMC said:
i did get the kit from them. i gave them a call today. they are sending me another one because they said they buy them in bulk so sometimes they are messed up.
that bspt does not fit like a glove, I have to very carefully thread mine in, and it didnt feel like a perfect fit. Just go slow.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
mark7901 said:
that bspt does not fit like a glove, I have to very carefully thread mine in, and it didnt feel like a perfect fit. Just go slow.
yup. mine was a bitch to get it. i could have sworn that the threads were wrong, and working at a wierd angle(motor still in car) made it even harder. but once the threads start, it goes like butter :TU:

·
10,488 Posts
I guess it depends what fitting your using, you would have to point the hose barbed fitting down (if your using the TT block fitting). that water pipe is in the way. a IM literally comes off in 15-20 max. just unbolt the EACV, ehh it depends the z6 has that gay extra port on the IM (SUCKS BALLS!!!!) have to t the oil lines.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
98_4drCivic said:
sorry for the threadjack, but to avoid making another thread...how have you guys had the oil feed and an oil pressure gauge. im having a hard time making it work, and i'd really like to have it hooked up. right now i have a "T" that goes into the block for the oil line, and stock oil pressure sender, but i can't find another fitting that i can make work for the gauge. thanks in advance for any help.

/threadjack
The tunertoys kit has an extra plug on it for a gauge.

·
10,488 Posts
yeah but then your going to have to use two hoses (unless your using a mechanical oil press gauge, which I find ridiculous). I plugged the second hole on the TT fitting and ran a 5/16 hose from the TT fitting to a t zip tied to the firewall. driver side has the hugh elec. oil pressure sending unit for aft. market oil pressure guage and the other end is plugged waiting for a turbo >:)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
autozone should have the fitting.. it comes in a bag of like 5 different adaper fittings.. it costs like 8-10 bucks for the whole bag of fittings and should be near the gauges in the store.. i used them on one car and saw them at a few different stores.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for the Tuner Toys love guys. Here is a link and a photo of th fitting you guys were talking about.

Dual Oil Fitting from Tuner Toys

One of the most common issues when installing fittings in the stock sensor location, is removing the old HondaBond sealant that was used at the factory.

Hope that helps,

Craig

1 - 20 of 25 Posts