Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about my oil drain.

My turbo is tilted in such a way that if i put a 90 degree fitting on there, it would be angled upward slightly. I CANNOT use a 45 degree fitting because it will sit below the tap in the pan. My question is, is the drain 100% gravity feed, or is there some way that the oil will still drain correctly with the fitting angled upwards instead of downwards?

here is a pic of what i mean:

will this drain properly or will there be a build up of oil flow where it make the first 90 degree turn?

my 45 degree fitting on the oil pan is already welded in there, so that cant be moved.

thanks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could i possibly clock the turbo a little bit to make the drain angle better so the fitting points slight downwards?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try using a 45 degree fitting on the turbo and a straight fitting on the oil pan.
the fitting is already welded into the oil pan, so its 45 degrees, or nothing at all.

i am going to clock the turbo.

any instructions on how to do that on a garrett t3/t04e?

thanks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that just looks like its going to have drain problems.

you shoudl get just a regular barbed fitting on the oil pan, not a 45.

it should look like the awesome mspaint picture i just made.
like i said before, the 45 degree fitting is already tapped and WELDED into the pan. its not coming out, and its not going anywhere. I will have to scrap the pan and buy another to do that the correct way, so im not going to do that.

Thanks for the input though, thats exactly why i posted the question.:TU:

i appreciate it

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ I c what ur saying,,
you could always use a grinder to take it off,dremal...
(if possible to get too)
yeah, i know there is a way to get the fitting out and reweld a differnt one in, but i could do that or clock the turbo (which i have already done earlier tonight) and be done with it.

thanks for the input :TU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.