Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my oil drain be ok? Please say yes and i dont want to remake my downpipe.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Dont got much to work with.

Also anyone have any pictures of the inside of a y8 oil pan?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
looks like it will be fine to me! just make it as short as possible

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
No, get a 90 degree -10 an then your good.
this is correct. use little line as possible. and do not kink it in any way. a 90 degree off the fitting you have and a few inches of braided line to the drain flange on your turbo

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
shorten the nipple coming off the turbo drain as much as u can but still be able to get a hose clamp on it.

ditch the AN fittings.

JB weld a 5/8ths barbed fitting into your pan, not at the very top but maybe 1.5" down. it will still be above oil level.

then get heater hose and make it work. get one of those tube bending coil sleeve things that lets u bend heater hose without kinking it.

try clocking the center section so it points towards the oil pan instead of away. that might help too.

i think u can easily make it work.

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
shorten the nipple coming off the turbo drain as much as u can but still be able to get a hose clamp on it.

ditch the AN fittings.

JB weld a 5/8ths barbed fitting into your pan, not at the very top but maybe 1.5" down. it will still be above oil level.

then get heater hose and make it work. get one of those tube bending coil sleeve things that lets u bend heater hose without kinking it.

try clocking the center section so it points towards the oil pan instead of away. that might help too.

Exactly.

I find that style to be way easier and simpler than the A/N fittings style. I had it like that on my turbo D with a fuel hose and I had absolutely no leaks coming from there. I can post pics of my oil pan if you want.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go ahead n post pix there always welcome. I was just hoping touse the 10an fitting since I paid so much for it. The place ripped me off and overcharged me. But let me see what others have done. Also it gotta be weldless.

Another member on here since me some pix and some very good information on installing the drain ill post that information when I get to my pc. But he mainly said to make the drain flow into the a main cap so that when the motor is running it doesn't kick oil into the drain hurting the flow of it

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like your engine drains oil naturally hehe. Fix those leaks!!
haha no leaks the other owner never cleaned the damn car. I clean the inside when i first got it and i found a fll walmart bag of trash inside the car pens. candy, dirt, paper and fries. I only had it about 2months and just havent gotten around to cleaning the motor. I gotta buy some purple power or simple green.

crxdonwon was kind enough to send me these pix. Also said "You want the drain almost directly in front of the main cap. that way you are not restriction flow with the slosh of the crank rotating."

Attachments

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i just got mine done last night...in about the exact location your looking at

basically what danz said......go to advance/ autozone/ orielys/ etc... 5/8 heater hose fitting $6...jb weld $5 ... 1 foot 5/8th hose $2 = $13 for your drain setup :)

enjoy

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts

ditch the AN fittings.

then get heater hose and make it work. get one of those tube bending coil sleeve things that lets u bend heater hose without kinking it.try clocking the center section so it points towards the oil pan instead of away. that might help too.

Link to this? or pic of it so i can get some i have a return line like this i normaly get Prebent heater hose for 10 bux but if i can make mine out of regular it would help me alot. thanks

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
i did pretty much what Danz said

but when driving, the heater hose got too hot and started leaking.
so i replaced it with a scrap piece of braided steel hose i got for $1

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea when i get a chance to go out ill buy the stuff. I ordered my oil feed adapter screw and coolant pipes but only the oil adapter came in so i gotta wait another week for the coolant pipes. Ill just get everything then so i can get my coolant lines while im out

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Link to this? or pic of it so i can get some i have a return line like this i normaly get Prebent heater hose for 10 bux but if i can make mine out of regular it would help me alot. thanks
These things kick ass. Had mine like this for years now. Although, I end up tearing the car down once a year, so the heater hose gets replaced once a year. But its like 2 bucks, reuse everything else.

Reshaping Coil, Goodyear Reshaping Coil

1 - 20 of 33 Posts