Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK, I need some advice on this. The drain is a little low on the turbo with the mini ram. Here's where it sits and the tap on the pan. I can cut the bend off the pan to make it a straight shot, but I don't think it's going to be enough to drain. I can't clock the turbo due to the housing hitting the torque mount on the driver's side and not letting it move. Any ideas?

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
man thats close.
can you clock the center section instead of the whole housing so the drain fitting points at a 45% angle?
id cut that 90 off as well to make it a much straiter shot

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i like drunkenmasters idea. clock that thing to a 45* angle or so, cut the 90 off and just use a real short and fat drain. or find a new oil pan and start over?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man thats close.
can you clock the center section instead of the whole housing so the drain fitting points at a 45% angle?
id cut that 90 off as well to make it a much straiter shot
that's a good idea, I think I may have to loosen the bolts on the manifold to get it to move. I got them all loose on both sides and can't get the center section to move. I'll see what I can do with it tom.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
man i got the same problem almost, not as close. i'm gonna snap a pic of it and show you...its ghettoooooo...

hahaha

i undid the clamp closest to the oil pan cause im about to change the pan gasket, and hopefully the drain as well

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help guys :TU:. Rep has been given to all. OK, dumb question, it shouldn't matter which way I clock it, should it? Sorry, my brain is done from messing with it non stop for the last couple of weeks trying to get it ready to go tune lol.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had so aluminum tubing laying around and just bent it to the angle I needed and had it welded to the drain flange. I have a 5/8 barb fittting coming off the oil pan. I also clocked the CHRA slightly. Oh, in that first pic it looks like it isnt completely welded but its also welded on the inside.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Actually I havent run it yet. If it smokes then I guess Ill have to re-do the oil pan. Originally I had a ramhorn on there so where I tapped to pan was fine. I have a different mani on there now which places the turbo a lot lower.

·
Registered
180 Posts
since u shorten and u angle the drain flange why u still angle the turbo towards the stump from what i see u did a great job with the drain clock it back and get a longer rubber hose this way the oil would equally feed the turbo if u have a restrictor in the oil line i guess u can picture the oil running down the side off the turbo out the return line not really doing its job on its way out ;;;;;;;;;;;; i could b wrong it might just work for you

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Too Much

I think I can make this work, is it going to be too much to have it oil properly?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts