Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Been searching for options to where it might be a nice spot to place the oilcoller i have!

I have a 10row Greddy oilcooler kit with Greddy oilfilter relocation kit... It's going in my EG coupe that has a ramhorn manifold and a t3/t04 turbo and bacdoor IC in the front. Tried to find pictures of options out here and on google, but not much to find!

Have been thinking about placing it behind the IC and in front of the radiator (between them), but it will stop a lot of flow to the radiator and the cooler will get less flow because of the IC infront of it.

Any good suggestions?! Pics would be great!:)

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
and reason like this i'm glad i'm N/A. B16a oilcooler on a D FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
Honda Civic
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the cooler i got: http://www.autocarparts.com/images/GReddy/oilcooler.jpg

Good point Steinar... thats a good spot and i nice thing to think about what you said there... i dont want the oil to be too cold either so this could work out great! I'll se about it and see if i can make enough room for the cooler infront there!

If any1 have other ideas please shoot them up!:)

·
Registered
'91 Honda Civic Si
635 Posts
This is the cooler i got: http://www.autocarparts.com/images/GReddy/oilcooler.jpg

Good point Steinar... thats a good spot and i nice thing to think about what you said there... i dont want the oil to be too cold either so this could work out great! I'll se about it and see if i can make enough room for the cooler infront there!

If any1 have other ideas please shoot them up!:)
If you do not have a thermostat for the oil cooler I would strongly recommend one. Otherwise your oil will never get up to temperature on the street which may do just as much damage as overheating the oil on the track.

A properly installed thermostat will limit flow to the oil cooler (and keep it in the motor) until it reaches temp and then slowly start circulating oil to the cooler as the temps rise. There are in-line and sandwich plate type thermostats available.

·
Registered
'91 Honda Civic Si
635 Posts
put it infront of the tire. . . cut a hole in the fenderliner. . . done deal

Debris thrown off of the tire can damage the cooler...if you do this, protect the cooler with stainless mesh, etc.

·
Registered
'91 Honda Civic Si
635 Posts
this is true, but id imagine its not made of tin-foil. . . :D
No, its not made of tin foil, but on a track, with R compound rubber, you'd be amazed at the amount of debris that gets picked up. Also, the more hits the fins take, they bend, and the efficiency of the cooler goes down.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
No, its not made of tin foil, but on a track, with R compound rubber, you'd be amazed at the amount of debris that gets picked up. Also, the more hits the fins take, they bend, and the efficiency of the cooler goes down.
im sorry for my sarcasem, but when I built something up like that on my race car I did use a louver made from steel to protect the oilcooler, I just didnt explain it all because I think people should try to think and be creative sometimes lol :alky:

·
Registered
'91 Honda Civic Si
635 Posts
im sorry for my sarcasem, but when I built something up like that on my race car I did use a louver made from steel to protect the oilcooler, I just didnt explain it all because I think people should try to think and be creative sometimes lol :alky:
It's cool...I sensed the sarcasm and didn't think anything of it. I just like to spell stuff out as much as possible so that people that are doing this type of thing for the first time can do it once, and right.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I guess your pre-made lines may limit where you put it, but behind the IC and in front of the Rad would be fine. The cooler won't limit the air flow that much and the fan will take care of any limitations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts