Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a tune up on my car last night, and when I finished putting my car back together, and started up my car, my dad pointed out black smoke comin from my car. Upon further inspection, I realized that the black smoke was actually oil being pushed thru my exhaust. Would replacing my pcv valve fix this?? Any other thoughts on ways to fix it??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no ecu tuning. I called it a tune up when i prob shouldnt have...vc gasket, compression test, oil change, and I cleaned/degreased my vc and replaced the seals on that as well

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
hummm..... i dont think its the PCV......

something is letting a good amount of oil get past the rings. I guess it could be something putting pressure on the crank, that could poss be the PCV..... Im stumped. check over everything you did. if it was not doing it before, it may be something you did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it might have been...i have been goin thru oil quite fast (~300 mi to a quart), which prompted me to do my valve cover gasket at first (i had dried up oil/dirt on top of my vc, turns out one of my gaskets for the spark plugs was bad). I never noticed the spray before, but it dissipates fast

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Which gaskets did you replace??? Is it black smoke all the time, sometimes, or only at certain RPMs?

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
vc gasket, and the gasket inside the vc for the coil packs...and its not smoke, its oil spray
Hold on, do you have a turbo on your car? lol if not this is a weird situation :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Well the only reason i asked is it sounds like blow-by (which of course you get with a turbo), but if its still spray that means the oil is getting through post combustion...hmmm

1 - 20 of 47 Posts