Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 513 Posts

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am going to go to a HAMP oil filter and also synthetic oil on my next oil change (yea i know i shoulda been doin it for awhile) and am looking for recommended brands and types and the whatnot to get. Any recommendations would be appreciated! :)

S

·
0 Posts
Mobil 1, but once u use it, u better keep usin it. a lot of motors have problems if u use the mobil 1 synthetic and switch to something else, such as spun bearings and such. i use Kendall GT reg. oil. 10-30. and it stays fairly clean for about 2500 miles. there are so many different preferences its not even funny

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
if i had the money, i'd be a mobile 1 boy. but right now i guess it's just quaker state. ugh.

·
Adia's Daddy
3,364 Posts
Steve-O uses Mobile 1 5W30 Syn with Honda 15400-PCX-004 S2000 filter (made by Toyo Roki, same as HAMP filter)

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Schaffer's 10-30 and a stock honda filter. stays clean on my car turbo charged for at least 2000 miles now. just stay away from penzoil! :beer:

C

·
0 Posts
Mobil 1 is the shiz if u can afford it. I use standard Havoline but I use an API additive to extend the quality. (much cheaper than using synthetic)

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not really worried about price.... so it looks like Mobile 1 is what i will be going with when i do it, hopefully this weekend. Thanks for all the responses.

1 - 20 of 513 Posts