Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I know there are people on homemadeturbo running water cooled turbos with no water...i would assume it would be just like a regular turbo

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replys guys,

what water lines can i use if i do decide to water cool it?

d-series has been the most helpfull site ever! thanks all for helping me get through my turbo troubles.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Like what was said earlier, you don't need to but if it is an option, why not right? Won't hurt a bit but will decrease "coking". I ran my turbo for a few weeks without pluggung up the water lines and it ran fine. You can run it to the water lines going to the TB.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikeD16Z6 said:
I used rubber fuel line and some barb connectors. I forgot what size though
right, i just mean what water lines did you tap it off of?

vxcoastie said:
Like what was said earlier, you don't need to but if it is an option, why not right? Won't hurt a bit but will decrease "coking". I ran my turbo for a few weeks without pluggung up the water lines and it ran fine. You can run it to the water lines going to the TB.
water lines to the tb?
which ones are those? i only know of the coolant lines that run through the tb

E

·
0 Posts
skater4145 said:
thanks for the replys guys,

what water lines can i use if i do decide to water cool it?

d-series has been the most helpfull site ever! thanks all for helping me get through my turbo troubles.
heater hose and barb fittings. I was 3/8" hose. You might as well spend the $20 and cool your turbo.. think about what rpm that puppy spins at.. you def. need to cool it down:D

A

·
0 Posts
i fully havent been running coolant to my t3 .42 .28 ar turbo

not worth it in my case

1 - 15 of 15 Posts