Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone point me to a good DIY forum expaining oil and vacuum lines and exactly where to run them... maybe some pictures too?? I have looked all over and have found nothing.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I took the oil feed off the pressure sender above the oil filter.

For vacuum I just used the PCV line because I dont use it anymore

W

·
0 Posts
/\ vacuum goes to your manifold of tee off a hose from manifold. and the oil pressure goes from the line you put to the turbo, don't wanna put to much weight on that fitting in back of turbo. Check stealthmode for there firewall kit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here is where you connect the oil feed on a D16A6, right above the oil filter. Other D series blocks are similar.

The fitting used, is our own OTOD. It has the correct BSPT threads for the block and sending unit, and then two NPT ports for gauge, turbo, etc.

OTOD Oil Fitting

The oil drain, comes out of the bottom of the turbo, downhill all the way to the pan. We normaly use the vacuum line to the brake booster for our vacuum source, or tee in near the main chamber of Intake Manifold.

Craig

·
Registered
24 Posts
oil lines explained:
next time you change your oil...reach up a fuzz bit more and you'll feel...or see a single wire (1 wire) going into a black rubber boot. behind that is the dummy light sensor. Thats what tells your dummy light to kick on inside the car if your oil psi gets too low..btw...if that light kicks on....take the motor to a scrap yard...it's junked already lol.

to install your turbo oil lines, you need to slide that boot back....CAREFULLY unplug the wire connect to the sensor....take a 21mm socket (or 22mm...not sure) and loosen the sensor...it unscrews just like a bolt.

You need to go to tunertoys.com and/or another respectible site. and get what's called a TakeOff oil block/spillter whatever....names aren't important anways lol. And you're asking why i'm sure. The honda block uses a female 1/8inch BRITISH pipethread...not a NPT....the threads a different...and that's important. The tunertoys takeoff block has a 1/8" bpt on it....meaning you can screw it into the block without messin up the threads. which is defintatly good lol. if you get a dual port then you can hook up your dummylight sensor again to one of the holes...and your oil line *which will have a NPT letting you convert easily to NPT from BPT* can go into the other hole...and then to the turbo.

that's an oil feed line in a nutshell...i also suggest stainless braided lines...without them..you're gonna hate your life.

as for vacum lines....you can buy hoses from any autoparts store by footage...also get a small pack of t's, elbows, yada yada...they'll have those too..so make only one trip.

Then research some more on the pcv system under boost. there are serveral ways to do this...2pcv vales,...or 1pcv valve setup...bottom line is this. You have to change it because you cant presurize, or put boost, on a pcv system. They are not designed that way and won't work if you do. That's the purpose..your homework is decide on how you want to do it. Run a catch can?? dump it into the road...whatever...its up to you....but please update us...and explain yourself...you may make somebody change their setup :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome information guys, thanks a lot... its the kind of stuff you cant find in the stickies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts