Honda D Series Forum banner

341 - 360 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
pinch the fuel return hose to see if the AFR's read richer afterward.

Is the oil pressure sensor T-d off the factory setup, or is it simply tapped into the factory output?

If electric by itself, I would read voltage from the sensor and compare to what the manufacturer of the gauge says it should be. Maybe the gauge itself is simply off by some margin.

Look through the online available manuals, and see what a hot idle should read at.

I dont think 19-40 is accurate if its reading below 10 at warm idle. You should see more than 60psi at higher rpms.

I think its a gauge issue, not a physical problem. You would hear a LOT of metallic clanging and banging if it was actually running/idling under 10 psi

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
I decide to buy a manual oil pressure gauge with basic installing and it still read the same and its tapped to factory output in back of the block. So actually my friends and I suspected its the oil pump, Just order ACL oil pump and I def will keep everyone posted. It doesnt make any metallic clanging and banging while its idling at 0-8psi, running smooth like it should and when I wot and it maxed out at 40psi(doesnt go over than 40psi at all) Checked the vtec solenoid, there is some oil going thur there and also just installed vtec 0 ring/dowell on the head and still wasnt able to pop vtec, I'm gonna try the new oil pump to see if its able to pop vtec, if not then I'll try biggiebert's ecu to see if it pop the vtec then its my ecu.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
just few random pics and new ACL race performance oil pump arrived other day.

Hopefully people will stop asking me if I'm sellin it....:shrug:

ACL race performance oil pump

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Also picked those up for free. Vision cams gears and CTR pulley.

Before

After

And my good friend who gave me those ctr n cams gears, He wanted me to paint his 2 K series valve covers( Wrinkle red and Blue/purp)

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
updates without pictures...sorry lol

Anyway, My boy James came over yesterday to install oil pump, re-timing and new oil pan and now I'm getting a good Oil pressure on gauge. Which is a great thing but unfortunately vtec still isn't engage. So now we suspect its ecu issue since it's been bypass (VTEC) and still nothing...Hoping that I'll have someone lend me their ecu to see if vtec pop. Right now its p28 chipped basemap ITR, but idk if the guy disable oil switch when he "tune" the ecu, and also been told 3 of my caps blown and said it doesnt effect VTEC since it isn't related to VTEC.

OH! almost forgot to mention that MOMO steering wheel and hub came in other day, here's a picture!

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
bought me a 2 new tires for 5zigen FN01, those 2 been plastidip to white, 2 others would need repair, on one rim there is bend and other one is crack, will get that fixed whenever I feel like...otherwise it looks good on my hatch.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Doug, do you use a particular type/brand of spray paint and do you use any clear coat ?
Love the build by the way, it's motivating to follow.
-SoT

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Doug, do you use a particular type/brand of spray paint and do you use any clear coat ?
Love the build by the way, it's motivating to follow.
-SoT

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
as for wrinkle paint I use VHT high heat paint, I use either normal clear coat or hi-temp clear coat (which I recommend)

I tend to use hi temp primer paint as base coat then use rust-oleum white primer then any colors paint over it.

Thank you man! hope it will give you more motivating to work on your honda! :TU:

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
well bad news that the head isn't good. Been told that I can't use Type R cams caps com B16a head because its not to specific head, plus it was starving oil. Shit happens but I'm not stressing about it and I'm not even gonna bother to work on this hatch for a good while cause I'm getting 2004 Acura TL as my daily, Am making a payments on it right now.

heres a picture of result.

and you can see the 2 different hole on those caps. doesnt look good.

Drained the oil, pulled oil pan out and dont see any metal derbies which is a good thing. I think I catch it on the time. I will buy another head that include cams caps and all that. I don't think I'm gonna use s2 pro v1 cams after getting other complete head b16/gsr or maybe type R.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
sucks ..

but not following ,,so lacked oil to the head?

How did you spot that happening?

Sorry to see!
yeah I know, this blows but hey its alright tho!

Went to my other friend's house to sort out the vtec issue cause it still wouldnt engage and he notice and telling me that my valves lash were pretty loud and need adjustment so went back there last friday to adjustment the valves and he took cams cover n all that and notice there were metals derbies and was like wtf? took the cam caps out and notice there was damage on exhaust cap. As you can see the 2 different size of holes on cams cap. Apparently on exhaust cam cap weren't feeding oil thur, dried up the cam and it was starving for the oil. Also I notice the exhaust cam got shaft play when I push timing belt forward and then he was like damn its not good at all. I'll be buying other b16/gsr/typeR head and leave it stock but will change retrainers, valve springs n along like that but keeping the cams stock.:frown:

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
Well damn, been a while since I post anything in here. I don’t know if you guys wondering if I still have this hatch or not?

Yes I do still have this hatch, she’s been abandoning for good while, struggling with depression and it wasn’t easy road but I’ll be alright. Been working on hatch in the past but I’ll post up some pics to keep you guys updates, type R swap is no longer there anymore, sold the head and still have the bottom end. Gonna trade it for K but I have b20z2 in right now. Haven’t really drove her for nearly year now.
Anyways I finally got my dream bumper which is ef9! I was lucky to be able to buy em for $250 with some damage which I don’t mind since they’re hard to find or hella expensive.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 ·
And you know me...I can’t leave rattlecans alone so I had to paint it...😂

and here it is! Had some ngr stickers will be installed on after the paint.

341 - 360 of 366 Posts