Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran my IC piping and i ran it at an angle at which i dont need to annihilate my fog light holes to put the bumper on. Here is a pic of what im talking about:

the intercooler piping has jb weld at the end of each to act as a rolled edge. i did this to keep the couplers from popping off so easily.

I have t bolt clamps on them and i was going to use an additional worm clamp for added hold and support.

Here is a close up of the couplers coming off of the IC:

so my question is, do you think it will hold up to high boost pressures? Like, say, 18-20 psi on a t3/t04e 54 trim?

the intercooler piping i had was pretty limited so that is mainly why i ran the piping that way. It just turned out that i dont need to cut the fog light holes up. And remember, i have jb weld on the piping to act as a rolled edge and that "should" help to keep it from popping.

tell me what you think

thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
shit, i have piping without beaded edges and its set up similar to yours, and ive never had a problem with them popping off at 9 psi... beaded edges and 20 psi seems like it should be fine

·
Registered
752 Posts
i would suggest maybe angled couplers? but you should be fine...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is all good info........eases my worries.

thanks for the fast responses.:TU:

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Yep, you'll be fine with the T bolts. I would slide the T bolts up though, get them right off the edge of the coupler.
EDIT:
Left side, just adjust the clamp position
Right side, I'd adjust the whole pipe to get more coupler on the FMIC and more clamp on the coupler. You don't want the T Bolt to hang off the edge of the coupler like that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
if them hold hola back cause mine blows off at 15psi i had to put a lip on the end of the intercooler also where u have the clamps on the right of the pic i had to get the piping weild together but do yr thing see what happens

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
personally I would have went with some 45 degree couplers like this

It looks like it will hold, but I would think that over time it might cause stress on the coupler where you have it bent. It might weaken and cause a leak eventually. Thats just me though, I am a stickler about stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
personally I would have went with some 45 degree couplers like this

It looks like it will hold, but I would think that over time it might cause stress on the coupler where you have it bent. It might weaken and cause a leak eventually. Thats just me though, I am a stickler about stuff like that.
did have thoe at time of install. i mahy very well buy some if i run into problems

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did have thoe at time of install. i mahy very well buy some if i run into problems
wow, i really buthered that........i was in a hurry, but i meant to say i didnt have them at time of install, but i may buy if the need arrives.

I would.... those would work perfectly..
they would probably work very nicely, but im going to try to get away with what i have right now. Im just happy i dont have to cut up my fog light holes. I dont think my car would look good without them......

thanks for the help everyone. Im waiting on an intake manifold, and once that arrives, my car goes to the dyno for tuning. ill let everyone know how it holds up.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts