Discussion Starter #1
This is from honda:

JDM D15b

Horsepower
130ps @ 6800 rpm (128.22 hp)

Torque
14.1 kg m @ 5200 rpm (101.74 ft lbs)

Fuel Mileage
38 miles/gal (in mode 10 driving? daily driving i guess)
55 miles/gal if you drive 38 mph all day

Transmission with or without LSD
3.250-1
1.900-2
1.250-3
0.909-4
0.750-5
3.153-reverse
4.250-Final

Compression ratio
9.3:1 <-- proof we can use cheap gas

Ferio VTi (sedan) Weight (just to compare)
Base 1040 kg (2293 lbs)
w/ power steering 1060 kg (2337 lbs)
w/power steering and sunroof 1080 kg (2381 lbs)

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not listed on the site... it was honda's japan site. Meant for the average person ... sorry :(

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
transzex said:
What is the main journal and rod journal size?????
same as d16z6. as is the bore size.
what about cam specs? i have never seen anyone list dur/lift. :beer:

V

·
0 Posts
makku said:
Compression ratio
9.3:1 <-- proof we can use cheap gas
not so true..
unless you mean we can run cheap gas with no mods

on mine. ive got i/h/e, plugs/wires if that matters
i had a buddy of mine put gas in my car just as i was getting of work, i told him to put in super (91octane), he accidentally put in the extra (89octane) and my car ran like shite, rough idle, horrible gas mileage, noticable loss in power.. ill never run anything less than 91oct in my d15b.

D

·
0 Posts
the main journals are the same size as our d15b7. the rod journals and the rods themselves are identical to our D16Z6. be careful interchanging camshafts and distributors...not the same :) the distributor drive slot at the back is oriented a little differently with respect to the cam lobes (openning and closing events): if you are familiar with how the cam gear alignment marks line up with the upper rear timing cover differently between the 1.6 and 1.5 then it will make sense to you why the cam lobes have to be indexed differently with respect to the cam gear keyway...and it follows that the slot at the back of the cam has to be indexed differently with respect to the cam gear keyway as well. i've never documented the exact differences; might be a good project for someone :)

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
transzex said:
That is the kind of "noob's" we need around here, someone has done their homework!
hes my Hondata tuner:beer:

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
deluded said:
the main journals are the same size as our d15b7. the rod journals and the rods themselves are identical to our D16Z6. be careful interchanging camshafts and distributors...not the same :) the distributor drive slot at the back is oriented a little differently with respect to the cam lobes (openning and closing events): if you are familiar with how the cam gear alignment marks line up with the upper rear timing cover differently between the 1.6 and 1.5 then it will make sense to you why the cam lobes have to be indexed differently with respect to the cam gear keyway...and it follows that the slot at the back of the cam has to be indexed differently with respect to the cam gear keyway as well. i've never documented the exact differences; might be a good project for someone :)
is it possible i am still using my dist. from your DelSol? i dont remeber having an extra one after my swap. anyways thanks for correcting me i always forget what you tell me these days:beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
so from which usdm block cam would be able to use in the jdm d15b...and would the vavle train from the y8 be interchangable to the 15b if so i can catch a killer deal on a skunk2 valve train...

tryin to do some research here guys...if its not crazy hard i would actually like to figure wut rod and piston combo would work in the d15b b/c im tryin to get together a build list for my boosted setup....right now its boosted w/ stock block ....i need the info to be able to kno exactly wut rods,pistons,bearings ect. would interchange

srrry for bringin up this old thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
i need help im building my jdm d15bvtec for boost and was wondering wats needed 2 run about 10 to 15lbs i already have head studs n i rebuilt the bottom end hoping that would secure me so i wouldnt blow the bottom end.. i need exact parts if possible 2 complete the project....

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
I just replaced my y8 with a d15b, motor sounds so good, now i have a 97civic ex with a d15b dx trans, remote tdo4-lr 16g turbo with sidemount intercooler, just need some tuning now.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
what is the cam specs on this motor and how diff is the timing between the y8 and d15b, should i retard or advance my distributer for now till tune or is it close enough to leave it normal?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.