Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay a lil question!.currently running open 3inch down pipe on my 7psi t3 d15b setup.is it betta to keep it as it is or put an exhuast and extend the pipe all the way to the back?which will give me more power gains?dont have a dyno here so have to ask!.its a completely stock d15b. thanks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
You will make more power with open DP, but if it's a quality free flowing mandrel 3", the difference will be minimal especially at your power level. Put an exhaust on

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it does..i can see smoke cuming in the cab through the gear hose..:(.i hav to replace my restrictor too mayb thts the reason its smoking as well..secondly the maximum i am going to push my t3 is 10psi do a OD is not useful?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
it's useful but as ryan stated the gains are minimal and in my opinion, not worth the smell, the noise, and the risk of getting a hefty fine for removing your catalytic convertor

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly..somwtimes because of the smoke gathering up in the cab..i jus want to leave the car there n walk home..

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
open dp sounds great but 3" sounds very nice when boost hits
im running 3" turbo back with a resonator and its very quiet under 50% throttle but once i get on it it sounds mean

you wont smell shit if its behind you and it had a turn down going down towards the floor. i have driven in alot of muscle cars like this. but if its right under you of course it will smell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts